Xiaomi entered the laptop market in India by launching Mi notebook 14 and Mi notebook 14 horizon edition. Both notebook 14 and the notebook 14 horizon edition comes with 10th gen intel processors. and optional Nvidia Geforce graphics cards. The laptop comes with Windows 10 home edition with a one month free Trial of office 365, it also has Mi blaze unlock tool which lets you unlock the laptop quickly with your mi band. Xiaomi also stated in their launch event that the laptops will come with mi quick share which lets you transfer files between your PC and your android smartphone quickly.
The Mi notebook 14 has a 14-inch full HD thin-bezel display, it is powered by a 10th Gen intel core i5 processor and optional Nvidia Geforce MX250 with 2GB of VRAM and 8GB of DDR4 Ram, it has a maximum of 512GB SATA SSD storage, the laptop lacks a webcam due to the thin bezels. Talking about the battery Xiaomi claims a 10 hour usage time under normal conditions and the laptop has fast-charging. The laptop comes under the thin and light category weighing just under 2 Kg.
The Mi Notebook 14 Comes in 3 Variants
- Rs 41,999 (base) – 10th Gen intel core i5 | 8 GB DDR4 RAM | Intel UHD Graphics 620 | 256 GB SATA SSD
- Rs 44,999 – 10th Gen intel core i5 | 8 GB DDR4 RAM | Intel UHD Graphics 620 | 512 GB SATA SSD
- Rs 47,999 – 10th Gen intel core i5 | 8 GB DDR4 RAM | 2GB Nvidia Geforce MX250 | 512 GB SATA SSD
Mi Notebook 14 Horizon Edition also has the same 14-inch full HD display, it is powered by a 10th Gen intel core i5/i7 and an Nvidia Geforce MX350 with 2GB of VRAM and 8 GB DDR4 RAM, It has a storage of 512 GB which is available in either SATA SSD or NVMe M.2 SSD. Different from the Mi Notebook 14, Xiaomi provides a USB webcam in the box.
The Mi Notebook 14 Horizon edition Comes in 2 Variants
- Rs 54,999 – 10th Gen intel core i5 | 8 GB DDR4 RAM | 2GB Nvidia Geforce MX350 | 512 GB SATA SSD
- Rs 59,999 – 10th Gen intel core i7 | 8 GB DDR4 RAM | 2GB Nvidia Geforce MX350 | 512 GB NVMe M.2 SSD
The laptop has a metallic body which is made up of an aluminium magnesium alloy, talking about the ports, it has 2 USB 3.1 ports, one USB 2.0 port, 1 USB type C port which is for both data and charging, it also has an HDMI port and a 3.5mm audio jack.
The 46 Wh battery is claimed to have a life of up to 10hrs in normal conditions.
The Mi notebook will be available for sale starting June 17, through Amazon, Mi.com and Mi Stores